The client is one of the largest Egyptian online malls with more than 70k products with the widest assortment at unbeatable prices, 2.5M subscribers across Egypt, 2M monthly visitors, and is considered the number 1 eCommerce & retail website in Egypt. The company has established its presence across 22 countries in Africa. In Egypt, the site usually has 75-130 agents working, depending on the season, who support both English and Arabic languages. The volume of transactions ranges from 60k to 130k, depending on the season as well.
RAYA Contact Center helps retailers deliver superior and seamless customer experiences by planning customer journeys, building brand ambassadors, and implementing operational intelligence, with the next digital experience-oriented steps, like leveraging digital capabilities, automation, and analytics tools. With this knowledge in mind, the client reached out to resolve some critical challenges when it came to compensation management and quality assurance of the overall CX delivery model.
The client was beaten by poor incentive compensation management approaches followed to maintain and grow market share in the retail industry.
Another urgent necessity was to improve service quality management in the client’s contact center to increase customer satisfaction and maintain the business’s reputation.
A. Incentive Compensation Management
The poor and unclear defined process of obtaining compensations approvals caused an inflating Average Handling Time (AHT), inaccurate Service Level Agreement (SLA) that led to poor customer experience, misused backlog’s compensation, and maximized monthly compensation amounts paid to customers.
B. Quality Assurance
Despite having a quality process in place and measuring whether support agents were sticking to the predefined processes or not, the processes were not linking agents’ actions to customers’ and business’ gains. The quality attributes were not broken down to show separate impacts on customers and the business, neither financially nor legally. Also, the quality reporting was too basic to be used for root cause analysis and training requirements.
To dissect the failure of the Incentive Compensation Management program, RAYA’s quality team conducted a deep analysis in collaboration with the Client’s CS team.
The collaboration aimed at studying and identifying the existing processes’ and communications’ gaps, analyzing current SLAs and the involved stakeholders, conduct root cause analysis for customer misuse, and digging into the escalation matrix including customers’ scenarios and SLAs.
Built on the results of this analysis, RAYA’s six sigma team has to re-engineer an end-to-end process based on the most recent industry-bound best practices. It aims at solving all the strokes that negatively affected the performance of this program.
On the other hand, a complete quality approach revamp took place to revise the current quality attributes and definitions, as well as the existing set of reporting methods that were not aligned with QA, and had gaps.
SOLUTION KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Since every business’s cornerstone is its People, this is where RAYA Contact Center had put its initial focus. Full calibration with the client was a must to leverage the existing qualified calibers to support their current business operations. When done so, it is anticipated to start detecting the operations and functions flaws or gaps which in turn reflects on the HR team to predict the changing hiring needs of the company to improve the quality of service delivery.
After the People stage, the Process naturally comes next. The process’s integration is a critical factor when it comes to optimizing the management of compensations. Also, having put a clear escalation matrix in place eases the process of quality assurance, calibration, and benchmark staffing.
People adhering to a process results in having a system, and thus, ensuring the accuracy and security of the data being immigrated between multiple platforms requires a smart and advanced analytical system. The system would normally provide a detailed view of the status of all requests the company has built, all the sheets, etc.
Adaptability to the changes and anticipating buyers’ needs, especially since 86% say they will pay more for a better customer experience, is now inevitable for any e-tailing business. Thus, leveraging RAYA’s 20+ years of CX expertise, implementing the most recent industry best practices for every business, and having outstanding customer support, is eventually what could help the Client reduce the online shoppers’ most common problems when purchasing online.
- Applying a fully-fledged reporting system to accurately measure the performance of all the stakeholders and also to help in the analysis comparison for backlog against newly defined SLAs leads to proactively address any updates/needs for new attributes
- Mapped the updated list of attributes to COPC quality standards and accuracy benchmarks (EUC, BC, CC)
- Dedicated a new designed QA slot in new hires technical training
- A new set of reporting was designed to be communicated more frequently between all the stakeholders (such as errors per section/team/LOB/tenure/ trainer batch) to leverage and enhance the quality of service delivery.
- Weekly analysis to ensure feedback is utilized in proactive learnings (for new hires) and coaching learnings for existing teams
- Another control audit layer was added to remove any doubts that the agents did not stick to the SLAs just to pass quality assurance audit, but actually, train them on how to handle multiple cases and reduce the AHT
- Special training for highly sensitive cases with legal implications (CPA)
Incentive Compensation Management
- Approvals lead time improvement to match the benchmark standards by 3.5 sec
- Approvers’ performance witnessed an increase of an average of 15% in upselling and cross-selling
- The CX surveys collected have shown 95%+ improvement in the Incentive Compensation Management aspect
Supporting agents’ knowledge improved by 90%+
- Having a COPC compliant approach
- Continuous improvement of training curriculum
- CSAT surveys have shown significant CX improvement when ensuring the Quality Assurance standards are adhered to
- Accurate detailed reports, enabling better gap analysis and quickly pointing to potential root causes
Book a Free Consultation!